Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Well done or Medium rare?

Jesus said in the parable of the talents in Mt 25:21 "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." Now I like my steak medium rare, however if I wanted it well done, it would have to be left in the fire longer. I think Jesus likes it well done, therefore I must be kept in the fire longer to get to well done. In Ps 66:10 it states, "For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried." Silver is tried in the crucible, under the watchful eye of the silversmith. Jesus allows the fires of life to burn, not to destroy us but to bring us to perfection, well done is what we are aiming for. Don't despise the fire, the Master is preparing it well done, the way He likes it..

No comments: