Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Growing in Grace

It states in II Peter 3:18 "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever." I would never expect my new born child to clean up the table after themselves after they have eaten, however I do expect by 12 and 18 year old to. They have grown in the knowledge of the home expectations. Grace is not license to do whatever I want, rather it is there while I am learning about the King. The closer I draw near to Jesus and seek His face, the more I learn of Him and His Kingdom. The bible says to him that knows to do right and does it not, this is sin. I believe we are called to be a peculiar people, distinct, Not self-righteous, but separated from the world. As we get closer to the coming of the Lord, the things of this world should grow strangely dim, compared to the knowledge of his power and love. 2Co 6:17-18 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty."

No comments: